Welcome to Leaps and Bounds Child Care and Learning Center of Center Moriches, NY! Our Center Moriches Child Care Center is a place where your child can:
- Form a safe and secure relationship with Leaps and Bounds staff who can consistently meet all their needs.
- Spend their childhood in a calm, comfortable environment.
- Be actively involved in “real life” activities such as preparing Meals, cleaning up messes, playing with friends and doing homework in a safe place with guidance from our staff.
- Enjoy involvement in art, science, language, mathematics, sports, crafts, Dramatic play, physical, cultural and music activities.
Leaps and Bounds Child Care and Learning Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, language, or disability. Instead, children are exposed to various cultures and abilities in order to foster an appreciation for individual differences.
Discipline at Leaps and Bounds Child Care is a set of management techniques that teach children how to keep their behavior within acceptable limits. We will use guidance, good role modeling and encouragement to promote good behavior.
Holidays and Vacations
Leaps and Bounds Child Care and Learning Center will be closed on major national holidays as set out on our website. MorichesChildCare.com. Leaps and Bounds will be open when Center Moriches Public Schools are closed for snow days.
Meals and Snacks
Leaps and Bounds provides your child with nutritious meals and snacks. Leaps and Bounds will provide breakfast snack, Lunch, and an afternoon snack during the day. If your child has a food allergy, please provide Leaps and Bounds with a written description of this allergy and we will accommodate your child with an alternative.
Daily Schedule Leaps and Bounds operating hours are from Monday through Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Leaps and Bounds will also be open on all half days/early release days, snow closings and all school holidays except for National holidays.
Video Surveillance System Leaps and Bounds has and uses a closed circuit video surveillance system 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. I understand this system can be remotely accessed by parents that pay for this service and that this system records and saves all video it captures for at least 30 days.Required Forms NY Child Day Care Regulations and Leaps and Bounds Child Care and Learning Center requires you to complete the following forms:
- Emergency Information Card (pls. copy and provide two copies )
- Emergency Medical Consent
- Health Inventory
- Current Immunization Record
- Leaps and Bounds Child Care Contract
- Leaps and Bounds Registration Form
Leaps and Bounds will furnish a general permission slip which authorizes Leaps and Bounds staff to take your child on field trips either by foot or in hired licensed/insured transportation. We keep all of the information in the above confidential. We require you to update these forms at least annually and Leaps and Bounds has the right to verify all information for accuracy.
According to New York Child Day Care Regulations, the Center may only administer medication to your child under the following conditions:
- With your written permission stating your child’s name, dates and times of administration, dosage, and your signature.
- At least one dosage of the medication must have been administered at home.
- Medication must be in original container with name, dosage, and expiration date clearly labeled.
The Center cannot provide child care services for ill or injured children according to New York Child Day Care Regulations. Please do not bring your child to the center if he/she has one or more of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100 degrees or over
- Dark yellow, green, or bloody discharge from the nose
- Yellow discharge from the eye
- Watery or explosive discharge from bowel
- Persistent stomach pain
- Non-allergic skin rash
- Excessive drooling and/or shortness of breath
- Wheezing on exhalation
- White, smelly discharge from genitals
- Excessive irritability and/or credible complaint of pain
If your child becomes seriously ill or injured while in the Center, we will notify you as soon as possible. We will provide your child with the necessary medical attention and/or isolation while you make arrangements to have your child picked up as soon as possible.
NOTE: If your child becomes sick in Leaps and Bounds care with any of the above mentioned symptoms and has to leave, he/she cannot return to Leaps and Bounds care until he/she is free from the symptoms for 24-hours.
In the event of an emergency or illness to regular staff or termination of regular staff, authorized staff will serve as substitutes.
NOTE: Please find an alternative child care arrangement for your child IN ADVANCE for events such as:
- Your child becomes ill or injured
- The Center is closed due to inclement weather or holidays